- Free Price
- Social Category
- Facebook Developer
Name Facebook Lite
Facebook Lite is an app designed for low-speed connections and low spec phones by using less RAM and CPU power. It is small, helping you save space on your phone and can use Facebook in 2G conditions. Many of the classic features of Facebook are available on the app. You can share a Timeline, like photos, search for people and edit your profile and groups.
September 2, 2022: Be careful of Facebook Lite Hacks And Tricks
Recently many Facebook Lite users have received a pop-up message that notifies them that the app needs to be updated or that the version they are running is unsupported. If similar notifications show up, BE ALERT! Because it may direct you to download malicious software that will log you out instantly and hijack your account somewhere else. The message often entails a “Upgrade your app” button that causes you to lose total access and control of it. Avoid being a victim of Facebook Lite hackers.
December 27, 2021: Changes to “Jobs”
Facebook has announced several changes to the feature “Jobs”. Previously, “Jobs” allowed businesses to post job vacancies on their page, which were visible to anyone who visited the page, helping ease the job finding process for the people. However, now the feature is no longer available on the Facebook Lite app or Facebook mobile website for both employers and seekers.
August 5, 2021: Privacy Settings changed
Facebook has determined that its privacy settings needed a bit of a shuffle to keep things clear and easy to find.
“Settings are now grouped into six broad categories, each containing several related settings: Account, Preferences, Audience and Visibility, Permissions, Your Information, and Community Standards and Legal Policies … We’ve unbundled the Privacy Settings category and moved the settings previously contained within it into other categories.”
“We’re confident this new settings page will make it easier for people to visit their settings, find what they came for, and make the changes they want,” Facebook writes.
• Find friends and family and start your social connection without the limitations of phones and web quality.
• Share your stories, post status updates and use Facebook emoji to display what's going on in your world.
• Follow people you are interested in and get their latest news.
• Interact with your friends through adding your own comments or reactions to their posts.
• Share photos and your favorite memes.
• Save photos you like by adding them to photo albums.
• Get notified when someone likes and comments on your posts.
• Explore local social events and make plans to meet up with friends.
• Buy and sell on Facebook Marketplace.
• Look up local businesses.
What is the difference between Facebook Social and Facebook Lite?
The main difference between Facebook Lite and Facebook is the size. Facebook Lite’s download is under 5MB. It only takes up 1.7MB of space on our website. Compare that to the amount of space regular Facebook takes up, which is more than 100MB. This is a substantial difference.
How do I install Facebook Lite?
It works well on all networks, including 2G. To download Facebook Lite on your Android device: click the button below to download the app.